NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Chris James, CB/KR, Black Hills State University.
- Chris James
- Black Hills State University
- Twitter: @Cjames2398
- 24 Total Tackles – 1 INT – 7 PBU – 8 PD
What is your name?
- Chris James.
Where do you play College Football?
- Black Hills State University.
What position do you play?
- Cornerback and Returner.
What is your height/weight?
- 5’10″ 180 lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Basketball, Baseball and Soccer.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Kerr Johnson Jr. (WR Santa Rosa Junior College 2015-2016; University of Kansas 2017-present).
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Rap, Ace Hood and Migos.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- Pray before game and call my Pops before games.
Who is your role model & why?
- Grandma, she the one that keep me going and also push me through every trial I had before she left us.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- All science classes have been my least favorite. Psychology classes have been my favorite.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- While being in college I actually really loved being in the studio making videos and also having people doing interviews
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- Growing up my favorite team was the Indianapolis Colts and favorite player was Joseph Addai . Joseph Addai was my favorite player because he was just so aggressive and I always think he was underrated as a top RB in the League. Now my favorite team is the Dolphins and my favorite player is Brent Grimes. Brent Grimes my favorite player because he been through so much just to make it where he is now and also he is “undersized” and he is one of the top CBs in the league.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- I would love to be in the movie Hancock. Would like to be Will Smith (Hancock).
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- 3 people I would like to have dinner with would be Kevin Hart, Brent Grimes and Will Smith.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Malcolm X because he was at one time the face of all of us African Americans that didn’t have a voice and he voiced majority of the struggles and etc.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Blank Panther. A black man that has power that a lot of people looks up to.
What is your definition of hard work?
- My definition of hard work is when a player does things when no one is looking and always looking to get better no matter how hard the work is.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- One thing I unexpectedly learn is that college is all about connections.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- One thing I wish I could go back and tell myself is that I should always keep an open mind and trust the process!!
Why do you wear #3?
- I wear number 3 because I was 3 years old when my mom had given me up to my Aunt and Uncle. And also I love the 3 piece of chicken from Churches Chicken.
What is the best part of your hometown, Phenix City, AL?
- Playing varsity football is the biggest in my city just because the whole city will pretty much shutdown just to watch us play under the Friday Night Lights.
Who do you choose, Jordan or LeBron?
- LeBron James!
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- Xbox One and games I’m playing is Madden 18, NBA 2K18 and Rainbow Six Siege
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- My most memorable moment as an student-athlete is when I didn’t allow a catch the entire game!!
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- Going to the NFL
- Making an NFL roster
- And have my Grandma back with me!!!
What is your hidden talent?
- Making music and Rapping is my hidden talent
If there is a book written about Chris James, what is the title?
- Name of my book would be call “The Journey.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Graduate college.
- Play professional football.
- Own an House under my name.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- What I’m watching now on Netflix now is: Containment, Altered Carbon and Limitless.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- With that one hour free I would go in and get a quick workout with them weights.
If you could intercept any NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- If I could I would love to Intercept Peyton Manning just because he is the best quarterback of all time and also the smartest player to ever play the game of football.
What are the goals for 2018, both individually & for the Black Hills State football team?
- My goal for my senior year is to make All-American and First Team All Conference. For the team is to make a deep playoff run.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Chris James, what would they be?
- They would be getting a Fast, Physical and Smart player.