- Andrew Vollert
- Weber State University
What is your name?
- Andrew Vollert.
Where did you play College Football?
- Weber State.
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 6’5’’ 246 lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Baseball and basketball.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- CB Taron Johnson. We played together at Weber State.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- I’ve had the same pregame music list since my senior year of high school. The last song I listen to before kickoff is always “Money and the Power” by Kid Ink.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- Other than listening to the song I mentioned above, nope.
Who is your role model & why?
- My dad has always been my role model because he’s always been a great example of what a man is supposed to be. He’s set a high standard of doing the right thing and treating people with respect.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- My favorite class was Comm Law. Least favorite was sociology.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- My favorite experience in college was building relationships with teammates and just simply hanging with the boys…especially on Saturdays.
Why do you wear #87?
- TE’s just look good in that number
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- I loved Jerry Rice and I grew up a die-hard Raiders fan. The first games I remember watching was when Rice was in Oakland with Tim Brown and Rich Gannon. They were so fun to watch.
Who do you choose, Jordan or LeBron?
- I’m torn but I have to go with the player I grew up watching. I never saw Jordan in his prime and yeah, he went 6/6 in the NBA finals, but LeBron has been the best player in the league for the past 15 years. He’s unreal. Because I love the GS Warriors, I’m not much of a LeBron fan…but he’s still the GOAT.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- I’d play Chazz Reinhold (Will Ferrell) in Wedding Crashers.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Bill Burr, Jim Jefferies and my brother.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- John F. Kennedy because he was such an interesting and influential man who had so many great ideas. He also just had a way with people and crowds that would have been cool to witness.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Deadpool because he’s hilarious.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Outworking everybody and getting a little better every day.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- Everybody is human. Coaches, teachers, administrators, media members, referees, opposing players, etc. all have their own issues that they’re dealing with. Nobody is perfect.
You started your career at San Jose State. While playing football for the Spartan program in 2013-2014, you also played on the basketball team in 2014. What was it like to play both sports while in College?
- It was an awesome experience to play a little college hoops. I had a blast with the guys and it’s something I’ll never forget.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- You shouldn’t care what other people think about you.
You were a Communication major at Weber State, what made you pursue that subject?
- It’s a broad major that I can do a lot of different things with.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- Xbox One. I just got into Fortnite, but I’m usually playing Madden or NBA2k.
What is the best part of your hometown, San Mateo, CA?
- It’s where my family lives.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- I’m watching three HBO shows right now…Barry, Silicon Valley and Westworld.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- I’d spend it with my family.
If you could catch a TD from any NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Mike Vick because that’d just be awesome.
You were invited & played in the 2018 East/West Shrine game (the 8th player in Weber St. history & 1st since 2008). What was that experience like?
- It was a great experience. The coolest part was going to the Shriners Hospital in Tampa, FL and interacting with some of the patients. It was great to see smiles on their faces as we interacted with the kids. It was humbling and helped me and remember that people look up to athletes and that we can affect their lives with a simple conversation.
You earned quite a few accolades during your two-year career at Weber St.: 2-time All-American (consensus 2017), 2-time Big Sky First Team All-Conference, 2016 Big Sky Newcomer of the Year, 2017 team captain, 2017 Big Sky Champion & led the team in receptions & receiving yards in both seasons. With all the success you’ve achieved at the collegiate level, what about your game most translates to the NFL?
- My ability to win one on ones and find the open spot in zone coverages will translate to the NFL.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Beating Western Illinois in the first round of the FCS playoffs 2017. It was the first time we hosted a playoff game at Weber and the atmosphere was electric.
Is there a current or former NFL player that you model your game after?
- Tony Gonzalez.
If you could give the 32 NFL teams three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Andrew Vollert, what would they be?
- Competitive, High-Character, Consistent.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Interesting twitter.com/bengals4life7/…
about 29 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Board – Quick Hits and Hopeful Picks nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/quick-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/7dxWQrfXDk
about 57 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: TJ Morrison, DB, Stony Brook University
about 1 hour ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Dillon Stoner, WR, Oklahoma State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/dillon… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:A black high school football player from Illinois forced to sit in locker stuffed with banana peels (Disturbi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago