- Donnie Ernsberger
- Western Michigan University
What is your name?
- Donnie Ernsberger.
Where did you play College Football?
- Western Michigan University.
What position do you play?
- Tight End.
What is your height/weight?
- 6’3” 255lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- I played basketball & ran track (110m hurdles, 300m hurdles & shot put).
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Joey Bosa (DE Ohio State 2013-2015, 2016 1st Round 3rd Overall Pick San Diego Chargers). He is the total-package as a football player.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- We usually listen to music while we stretch. Rap & metal are some of the genres we listened to.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- I am not very superstitious. I like to get my ankles taped & then sit at my locker & focus.
Who is your role model & why?
- My mother. I grew up with her & my sister. She struggled while we were growing up but fought through everything. She always had a positive attitude.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- Favorite classes were Statistics. Numbers have always been good for me. My worst classes were Human Anatomy.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Meeting all different types of people. Western is in a great area (Kalamazoo, MI). There are always many things going on in the city. The coaching staff, teammates & fellow students others are so diverse.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- Pittsburgh Steelers. My whole family are diehard fans. My Dad will literally be standing up during a game & yelling at the TV. Detroit Lions were always a team I followed as well, being in the area. I would say growing up my favorite player was Lawrence Taylor & Brian Dawkins.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- The Rocky Series are my favorite movies. I would be Rocky. Whenever those movies are on, I feel the need to do a few pushups.
If you could have dinner with three (3) people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Elvis Presley, Sylvester Stallone, Stone Cold Steve Austin.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- John F. Kennedy.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- The Hulk. He is driven out of rage & he is unstoppable.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Doing all the small details & giving it everything you have. Having that peace of mind knowing you gave it your all.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- Nothing is given to you. You are not “the man” anymore as you were in High School.
Which would you prefer, three (3) wishes over five (5) years or one (1) wish right now?
- Three wishes. You never know the circumstances that will come up in life. You can make a more educated decision about your wishes when you look at the big picture.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Keep your head down & keep working.
Why do you wear #85?
- It just fit me. Chad Ochocinco was always a someone I enjoyed watching.
You were an Accounting major, what made you choose that?
- I am good with numbers & keeping track of things. A teacher in high school really made Accounting easy so it made me want to continuing pursuing the subject.
Your sister, Shalene, rushed the field in the Buffalo game after you scored a TD before the game was over. What was your immediate thought when you realized she had come down?
- Oh, crap she is actually here right now. What are you doing out here? She loves being a viral sensation. It is funny to look back at now & laugh.
You share your birthday with a few famous people: Caleb McLaughlin (Lucas in Stranger Things), Jerry Rice, Sacha Baron Cohen (Borat), Paul Pierce & Jerry Jones to name a few. You can pick two of those people sit next to on a 5-hour flight, who are they & why?
- Jerry Rice because you can pick his brain about his work ethic & anything about football. Caleb McLaughlin, I am a big fan of Stranger Things. He is also probably the smallest of this group, so that would make the flight easier.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Darren Hall, CB, San Diego State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/darren… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/RZfPRkTtAc
about 38 mins ago
- Draft Buzz: Catching up with UAB WR Austin Watkins nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/austin… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/xaGVOlCV8b
about 39 mins ago
- NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Tyler Halls, WR, Husson University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/tyler-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/HpDwsl8yeH
about 39 mins ago
- Corrigan’s Gambling Corner: College Football Week 13 ift.tt/2VcpOvU
about 1 hour ago
- He is a dog! @JonM_Salter recently interviewed him.
about 2 hours ago