NFL Draft: 3 prospects the 49ers should keep an eye on
The San Francisco 49ers are in the middle of a rebuild. That seems to be the narrative anytime the once dominant team, is brought up. New comer’s, head coach Kyle Shanahan and General manager John Lynch, seem to have a plan. One that they put into action, when they aggressively pursued and landed , quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo, from the New England Patriots. The good news for the sophomore couple (Shanahan and Lynch) , is the team they inherited was stacked with young talent. Add in there new shiny toy (Garoppolo) and it would seem the 49ers are on a legit uptick.
With that said, the team still has some serious holes to fill, to be able to compete with the likes of division rivals ( Los Angeles Rams and Seattle seahawks).
With the 2018 NFL draft vastly approaching , here are 3 prospects that could interest, and help build a formidable team for years to come.
- CB Tarvarus McFadden (Florida State)- Don’t be fooled, Mcfadden, may not get the same hype as the other top cb’s, in this years draft. But he is everything that GM John Lynch, loves in a defensive back. Aggressive, long, physical with wide outs and isn’t afraid to get his hands dirty, in the run game. At 6’2 200 lbs, McFadden has the size to play with bigger receivers on the outside, and the quick hips to follow smaller prospects inside. Although he may not have the long speed (4.52) that some desire. He is a smart player and understands how to position himself when in coverage. He is a real play maker, and would be a player that could step in day 1 as a rookie.
- LB Tremaine Edmunds (Virginia Tech)- We decided to stick on the defensive side of the ball, and add another player that would make an instant impact. Edmunds, is not your normal athlete. At 6’5 250 lbs , he possess both the perfect size, and physical tools, to be a wrecking ball for the 49er defense. Blessed with the skill set, to help on all 3 downs. Able to be an asset in the passing game, and a torpedo when it comes to the run game. He would fit in right away playing on the outside, while also adding value on special teams. Needless to say, when you watch the game film, you instantly see a player that screams John Lynch.
- WR Courtland Sutton (SMU)- The front office was able to find there franchise QB (Garoppolo), now it’s time to build an offense around him. Although the team houses a pretty good trio of wide outs (Pierre Garcon, Marquise Goodwin, Trent Taylor) , the need for a legit top target is a must. Enter the 6’4 220 lb, Sutton, a physical specimen, that has left a few defensive coordinators sleepless. The 22 year old, has the ability to take over game, from both the slot and on the outside. An aggressive player, Sutton, does not shy away from contact, as he flourishes in traffic. He has a great route tree, and is able to get separation at the top of his routes. Over the last four years, he has racked up 3,220 yards, and 31 Tds, averaging 16.5 yds a catch. Rightfully so, Sutton has been compared to 49ers great (Terrell Owens), just not as flashy. If they could land the young play maker, it could go a long way in building an excellent offense, for years to come.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Arizona high school quarterback Aden Morris and his Mother Tish died in a car accident… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 32 mins ago
- That is our guy @danielkellybook he is opinionated but damn he is good twitter.com/jasonrmcintyre…
about 1 hour ago
- NFL Transactions for April 22, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Will it pass the Senate? twitter.com/breaking911/st…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:NFL Draft Diamonds Mock Draft 5.0 | Which player will the Bengals select at 5 overall?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago