Nick Fairley was just given a new contract in the off-season. The Saints defensive tackle will miss the rest of the 2017 NFL season and the team wants to recoup some money.
Fairley is due to take home $9 million guaranteed, which included a $8 million signing bonus.
Now, the Saints are reportedly looking into ways they can recoup that money, per Josh Katzenstein of NOLA.com.
“The Saints have started looking at ways to recoup part of the money paid to Fairley because he won’t be playing this year, according to a source, but it’s premature to speculate about what might happen.”
NFL Draft Diamonds
- I see you Martin!!! Smart Man twitter.com/nfluk/status/1…
about 11 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Oh my twitter.com/sportsgossip/s…
about 24 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for May 25, 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/05/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/KF6YHhMIcc
about 33 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Gabrielle Union Says the All-NBA Vote Dwyane Wade Received Should Have Gone to Klay Thompson bit.ly/2HYK39v
about 34 mins ago via IFTTT
- Did You See This:Gerald McCoy leaves Cleveland, still talking to them on terms, but will visit Ravens next… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 40 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro