NFL Draft Diamonds has been bringing our readers Prospect Interviews over the past 3 years and this year we mixed up the questions and added some fun questions for our readers. Our questions are designed to give our readers a little more insight on the player. We hope to bring you more than 350 interviews of NFL Draft Prospects this season. You will be able to track them all on the front page of our website in the banner to the right. Now let’s meet the prospect!!!!
What is your name?
Qadr Spooner First Name is Pronounced (Ka-dar)
What is your Height/Weight?
Height is 6’4 & 315 Pounds
What is your position?
Offensive Guard / Offensive Tackle
Where do you play college football?
Football is about giving back, what is the coolest thing you have done off the field?
Qadr Spooner organized an artistic project with students in an alternative program. The goal was to empower the children at the educational institution. Further, the graffiti project provided inclusion and highlighted the children strengths around art and graffiti. Moreover, educated them about the history of art.
What was the hardest college class you ever had to take?
International Social Work
Where are you from?
Who is your role model, and why?
My mother; is the person that shaped my personality, and characteristics. She always provided me with advice in a hard situation, and know that she will give those words of wisdom.
Did you play any other sports growing up?
I did karate, and jujitsu growing up.
Did you play any other positions in football?
At your position, what separates you from others?
I play with tenacity, and I experience at right and left guard. I consistently open lanes on the first contact when trapping. I dominate when I win on the first contact. People know me for my nastiness in drive blocks, latching on and churning my legs to push my man back a few yards.
When you are breaking down film, what do you look for?
What is the point called by the center. The point is important because it breaks down each individual’s responsibilities. The point identifies when to break the slide and where the offensive linemen double teams will work too. The point helps identify who will be the player the QB is reading.
Who was the toughest player you ever faced?
The toughest player I ever played was Mathieu Girard currently playing for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in the CFL.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be and why?
Zack Martin; because Zack Martin Seals running lanes. Can combo block and fit on linebackers. Athletic to pull and trap. Passes off stunts and is alert to blitzes. Further; I think we both play very competitively.
What was the biggest obstacle in your life you had to overcome, and how did you overcome it?
My biggest obstacles in my current life is managing responsibilities such as working part time while being a varsity athlete. I achieved this by staying focused and commitments and responsibilities.
Do you have any pre-game rituals?
What is your biggest strength?
My biggest strength is that I am Athletic
What is your biggest weakness?
My footwork is an area of weakness and it is something I have to continue to work on.
If I were a GM and gave you a second to sell yourself, what would you say?
I am a guy that comes from nothing that’s very hungry and plays with a chip on my shoulder. I know how to dominate opponents and the drive to dominate is constantly on my mind.
Who was your favorite player and/or NFL team growing up?
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would you choose?
Mother, Father, and sister
What will be the first big item you buy once you are in the NFL?
Buy my mother a house
- Who is Better: Tom Brady or Peyton Manning?
- Who will win the Super Bowl this year? New England Patriots
- Who is Better: Barry Sanders or Emmitt Smith?
- Who will win MVP in NFL? Ezekiel Elliott
- Who is Better: Deion Sanders or Richard Sherman?
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for March 4, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 53 mins ago
- Last Chance:Whatever It Takes | A true Story of a fan making it to the NFL as a scout nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/whatev… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:SMU Football: QB Room Temperature Check | Tanner Mordecai and Preston Stone nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/smu-fo…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:Michigan State Football: Transfer Portal QB Anthony Russo to Michigan State | Film Breakdown… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Shakif Seymour, RB, University of Toledo nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/shakif…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago