NFL Draft Diamonds has been bringing our readers Prospect Interviews over the past 3 years and this year we mixed up the questions and added some fun questions for our readers. Our questions are designed to give our readers a little more insight on the player. We hope to bring you more than 350 interviews of NFL Draft Prospects this season. You will be able to track them all on the front page of our website in the banner to the right. Now let’s meet the prospect!!!!
What is your name?
What is your Height/Weight?
What is your position?
Where do you play college football?
Portland State University
Football is about giving back, what is the coolest thing you have done off the field?
I got to volunteer at the juvenile correction center in Portland. I got to work with the kids there on their reading and writing skills.
What was the hardest college class you ever had to take?
Where are you from?
West Linn, Oregon
Who is your role model, and why?
My dad, he’s the hardest worker I know, and helped shape me into who I am today.
Did you play any other sports growing up?
Basketball, baseball, and track & field
Did you play any other positions in football?
At your position, what separates you from others?
Side to side quickness – foot speed. And effort, I always try to be near the ball at the end of the play, I play with a chip on my shoulder.
When you are breaking down film, what do you look for?
Tendencies of the defensive line and the linebackers; especially their pass rush tendencies. I look for indicators of blitzes or stunts by the D line. I also look for how they will align to different formations that we run.
Who was the toughest player you ever faced?
Either Xavier Cooper (WSU) or Greg Gaines (UW), both are really good football players in different ways.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be and why?
Marshall Yanda, he plays extremely physical and with really good effort, he seeks contact.
What was the biggest obstacle in your life you had to overcome, and how did you overcome it?
Walking on my first year of college, figuring out how to pay for school, and cost of living. I have a ton of respect for anyone who can do that all 4 years.
Do you have any pre-game rituals?
I walk the field with the rest of the O Line, talking about the defense and what to expect during the game.
What is your biggest strength?
I’m smart, strong, physical, and I like to hit.
What is your biggest weakness?
Cutting on second level defenders.
If I were a GM and gave you a second to sell yourself, what would you say?
I love to play football, and I’m going to be the hardest working player on your team if you give me a shot.
Who was your favorite player and/or NFL team growing up?
Brett Favre/The Packers
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would you choose?
Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Tom Brady
What will be the first big item you buy once you are in the NFL?
A new car most likely to get myself around
- Who is Better: Tom Brady or Peyton Manning?
- Who will win the Super Bowl this year? Packers
- Who is Better : Barry Sanders or Emmitt Smith?
- Who will win MVP in NFL? Ezekiel Elliott
- Who is Better: Deion Sanders or Richard Sherman?
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:QB Playground Edition: Who’s Swinging Up, Who’s Sliding Down? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/qb/ #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 32 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Tevin Singleton, CB, Bowie State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/tevin-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 45 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for September 23, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts and Daily Workouts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 49 mins ago
- ICYMI:Colin Kaepernick calls Law Enforcement “White Supremacist Institution” and wants to abolish Police… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 55 mins ago
- These NFL fan bases need to relax it has only been two weeks - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/fan-ba…
about 1 hour ago