College football players are not paid, and when many believe they will finally get an opportunity to be paid for a sport, some are injured. These injuries crush the player and ultimately ruin their chances to get drafted high. Look at Myles Jack for example. He was scheduled to be a top 5 pick and fell tot he second round. Another is Jaylon Smith who was a top 5 pick. Deshaun Watson is considered a top prospect in 2017, so his school is looking out.
Clemson has paid for a pair of $5 million insurance policies for Watson, ESPN reports. One of the policies would pay out of Watson suffered a career-ending injury, while the other policy would pay Watson if an injury forces his draft stock to plunge.
“It gives me peace of mind,” Watson told ESPN.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Did Titans WR A.J. Brown play the entire year with torn meniscus’ on both knees?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 24 mins ago
- ICYMI:Derek Carr posts a picture on IG wearing a Bulletproof vest saying “it’s that time again”… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 25 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Patrick Mahomes Injury Update | Did Mahomes suffer something other than a concussion?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Michael Thomas Injury Update | Saints WR to undergo off-season surgery… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 35 mins ago
- Last Chance:When Nick Saban coached for the Dolphins, several star players almost fought him for belittling them… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago