Eugene Monroe retired from the NFL today, and the former first round pick seems to be very frightened of the disease CTE. Today he released this statement about retiring from the NFL, and he has a very good point.
“I’m only 29 and I still have the physical ability to play at a very high level, so I know that my decision to retire may be puzzling to some. But I am thinking of my family first right now — and my health and my future,” Monroe writes in the Players’ Tribune. “The last 18 years have been full of traumatic injuries to both my head and my body. I’m not complaining, just stating a fact. Has the damage to my brain already been done? Do I have CTE? I hope I don’t, but over 90% of the brains of former NFL players that have been examined showed signs of the disease. I am terrified.”
It will be interesting to see what Monroe does from here. He is a very outspoken person so it will be interesting.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Buffalo restaurant sends Ravens CB Marlon Humphrey Buffalo Wings after his social media post… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 28 mins ago
- ICYMI:Beloved Georgia High School coach Teco Browning died in a motorcycle accident nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/teco-b… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 50 mins ago
- ICYMI:128 players have been granted special eligibility for the 2021 NFL Draft nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/2021-n… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for January 22, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Tremaine Edmunds has been a key factor for the #BillsMafia and this will he will have to shut down the middle of th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago