Harrison Smith made the Pro Bowl for the first time in his career last year and now he is being rewarded for his play. The former Notre Dame star agreed to a deal worth $51.25 million, per Ian Rapoport of NFL Network. The deal includes a $10 million signing bonus and averages $10.75 million per season, which makes Smith the second-highest-paid safety in the NFL, behind Kansas City’s Eric Berry.
Smith, racked up 87 tackles, 3.0 tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks, six quarterback hurries, two interceptions and two passes defended last year.
Do you think the Vikings overpaid for Smith?
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Seahawks executive Scott Fitterer hired as Carolina Panthers GM nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/scott-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 8 mins ago
- Did You See This:New York Jets hire Mike LaFleur as new offensive coordinator nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/mike-l… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 10 mins ago
- Did You See This:49ers are promoting Mike McDaniel as OC and DeMeco Ryans as DC nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/49ers-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 15 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for January 15, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 29 mins ago
- Last Chance:Broncos pass rusher Von Miller is under a criminal investigation nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/von-mi… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 30 mins ago