Last year, Jay Cutler had tons of players out. He lost Alshon Jeffery to an injury, and also did not get his first round pick Kevin White either. His coach felt that he did a great job considering the circumstances.
“I thought Jay had an outstanding year,” Fox said, per Peter King of MMQB.”
“It wasn’t ideal. Alshon (Jeffery) wasn’t healthy the whole season. Kevin White did not play. I’m not knocking any of the guys that did play, but a lot is always made of the quarterback, and his supporting cast is critical. I don’t care what it is-defense, offense, wideouts, ability to run the ball … there’s a lot that goes into it besides one guy, although that guy gets a lot of the magnified glass. So if you saw what Jay did last year, I’m expecting good things again.”
Fox’s primary focus remains on Cutler.
“It was critical to keep Jay comfortable. Everything comes through the quarterback, so keeping Jay in the same system is best for us.”
Losing Matt Forte and Martellus Bennett is not going to help matters. I think the Bears could be in for a huge struggle in 2016.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ryder Burchett, OL, University of Saint Francis (IN) - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/ryder-… @BurchettRyder
about 33 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Anthony DiDonato, FB, Notre Dame College - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/anthon… @DiDo__41 @NDCFB @NotreDameOhio
about 33 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Chandler Zavala, OL, Fairmont State University - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/chandl…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 34 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Michael Sims, QB, Morehouse College - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/michae… @MikeSims_ @Morehouse @MorehouseFB
about 35 mins ago
- Hear and follow [ JUDE ARVAY ] on #SoundCloud soundcloud.com/judearvay
about 2 hours ago