When you love something it is hard to let it go. Wes Welker has a passion for football and while he has not been very impressive over the past couple years the former Patriots wide out has been trying to come up with a plan on his future. Could he retire or not?
“That’s kind of the million dollar question right now in trying to figuring that out,” Welker said Wednesday on “NFL Total Access” on whether he’s going to retire. “I think I’m weighing my options and really trying to figure out where to go with life next.
“But there are some days I wake up and I’m like ‘OK, I’m done.’ And other days I wake up and I’m like, ‘Oh, maybe one more year.’ But I’m trying not to rush into any decision but at the same time, know that and prepare myself for not playing.”
Welker has suffered several concussions and while that does come into play, Welker is still fired up.
“They definitely factor in,” Welker, who’s been with five different teams in his 12-year career, told the NFL Network. “Especially when you start having kids and having your family and everything. A lot of those things come into play and you start thinking about the future down the road.”
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Miles Sanders Injury Update; Eagles find out more about his knee… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 25 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for October 19th, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts and Daily Workouts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 30 mins ago
- He better step up too. He wanted money they paid him. He has been MIA six games, and his penalty was a huge blow to… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 37 mins ago
- Last Chance:Updated 2021 NFL Draft Order; Jets hold the first pick after six weeks nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/nfl-dr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 39 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: Raheem Mostert Injury Update; 49ers back will likely miss 3 to 5 weeks… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 49 mins ago