The draft is over, and one move was not made. The Dallas Cowboys had offensive guard Ronald Leary sign his 2nd round tender in hopes to trade him but that did not happen. The Cowboys did not really address pass rushers in the draft, and at the start of the season let’s face it the Cowboys may not have enough solid players to step in and help them win right away.
So what about this move?
The Cowboys send Ronald Leary their former starting guard whom they placed a 2nd round tender on, in exchange for Browns pass rusher Barkevious Mingo.
The Browns have a couple solid players on their line, but adding Leary would be huge for them. The team would lose Mingo who they do not plan on keeping anyway. The team failed to pick up the fifth year option from Mingo, which will make him a free agent after the season.
So this trade would basically trade one player to the Browns for one player to the Cowboys, in which both players could come in and fulfill a need. Both teams could benefit from these moves, and it would allow the teams to negotiate a new contract with them before the season is up.
You never know, sometimes a player needs a change of scenery. Remember this trade?
The Bills traded Kelvin Sheppard to the Indianapolis Colts for Jerry Hughes. Jerry Hughes has been racking up 10 sacks two years in a row now in Buffalo. Just saying, it could be a win/win for both parties.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Bills need to call twitter.com/marykaycabot/s…
about 20 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Zach Ertz Injury Update, The dreaded high ankle sprain could crush the Eagles… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 27 mins ago
- Last Chance:Breaking: Raiders are working out former South Carolina RB Tavien Feaster nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/tavien… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 36 mins ago
- ICYMI:Is Justin Zimmer the only player that wants to win on the Buffalo Bills defense? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/justin… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 38 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Miles Sanders Injury Update; Eagles find out more about his knee… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 46 mins ago