Yesterday the Los Angeles Rams traded away a compensatory pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, and they have yet to be issued. The Rams feel they are going to get a compensatory pick in next year’s draft, and according to ESPN’s Paul Kuharsky even if the Rams do not get one then it will turn into the Rams regular 3rd round pick in exchange for a seventh rounder.
Confirmed: 2017 third-round pick Titans get from Rams in blockbuster deal will be Rams’ compensatory pick if they get one. If they don’t get one, they give Titans their regular third-round pick, and Titans give them back a seventh-rounder. Compensatory picks are awarded based on a formula that measures the previous year’s free-agent losses vs. additions. In 2017, they are tradeable for the first time.
I am not sure the Rams will receive a compensatory pick, especially a third rounder, but this is still a win-win for the Titans. It is also the first compensatory pick traded. This rule was implemented this year, so it is pretty interesting. I am sure there is more to come.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: Christian McCaffrey injury update, Will McCaffrey play this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/christ…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 13 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for October 28, 2020; Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 43 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for October 28, 2020; Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 52 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Dallas Goedert Injury Update, Will he play this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/dallas… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 58 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Phillip Lindsay injury update, Could he be back this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/philli…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago