I do not know what the New England Patriots are thinking, but who am I to question their thinking. They have made the playoffs and made a run almost every year since Tom Brady took over as quarterback. Today the team released two defensive tackles that were very impressive. One was Chris Jones the former Bowling Green pass rusher who is very similar to Kyle Williams of the Buffalo Bills. The kid has a huge motor and if healthy could be a steal for someone via the waiver wire. The other is Ishmaa’ily Kitchen who they released today. This is the third defensive lineman they released in the past couple days. They released former first round pick Dominque Easley the other day, and he was not claimed via the waiver wire.
Jones, 25, is a veteran of three NFL seasons with the Patriots. The 6-foot-1, 295-pounder, originally entered the NFL as a sixth-round draft pick (198th overall) of the Houston Texans out of Bowling Green in the 2013 NFL Draft. He was released by Houston at the end of training camp and was claimed off waivers by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. After being released by Tampa Bay after being on the roster for one game, he was claimed by New England. Jones played in 28 games with 23 starts over his first two seasons with the Patriots and totaled 83 tackles and nine sacks. He added nine tackles and one sack in four postseason games. Last season, Jones spent the entire year on the reserve/physically unable to perform list.
Kitchen, 27, was signed by the Patriots as a free agent on Dec. 16, 2015, was inactive in the win against Tennessee on Dec. 20, was released on Dec. 22, and re-signed on Dec. 30. The 6-foot-1, 300-pounder, saw action in the season finale and was inactive for both postseason games with the Patriots. He played three seasons with the Cleveland Browns (2012-14) and spent two games with the Detroit Lions in 2015 after being released by the Browns prior to the start of the regular season. Kitchen originally entered the NFL as a rookie free agent with the Baltimore Ravens in 2012 out of Kent State. He was released by the Ravens at the end of training camp and was claimed off waivers by Cleveland. Kitchen has played in 42 NFL games with three starts and totaled 90 tackles.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- TNF Fantasy Preview: New York Giants vs. Philadelphia Eagles ift.tt/3dNIfzv
about 11 mins ago
- Week 6 NFL Power Rankings; Seahawks remain the team to beat in the NFL nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/power-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Ex90nrB4SN
about 13 mins ago
- Father of a football player arrested for stabbing two players after his son beat up the coach - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/stabbi…
about 18 mins ago
- ICYMI:Chiefs, Seahawks, Bucs, Steelers, Titans On Close-Knit For ‘20 NFL Football Finals nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/nfl-20/… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 27 mins ago
- Surprising Draft picks in recent memory nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/draft-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/VsZGRaGPhx
about 32 mins ago