Josh Gordon was suspended indefinitely on Feb. 3, 2015, for violating terms of a previous 10-game suspension at the beginning of the 2014 season. While rules say Commish Roger Goodell has up to 60 days to rule on Gordon’s reinstatement for the 2016 season. He would not specify how soon he may deliver a judgment.
“The process is we will go back and look at how he’s conducted himself over the last several months, what he’s done to make sure it’s consistent with the terms of his suspension, and at some stage we’ll have a report on that, and I will engage with our people to understand where he is, where he’s been, but most importantly, where he’s going,” Goodell said.
“When these things happen, it’s about trying to avoid them in the future. Our No. 1 issue here is to prevent these things from happening.
“I’m hopeful that Josh understands that he’s going to have to conduct himself differently going forward to be a member of the NFL and to be representing the Cleveland Browns — or any team in the NFL. So, our job is to try to get people to understand that, try to make sure that they live by the policies that we have, and ensure that this is what all of us want and also what the fans want. Our fans want everybody playing by the same rules.”
According to ESPN, Gordon is confident he will be reinstated which is a good start. Maybe seeing the demise of Johnny Manziel will wake up Gordon. I hope the team is able to rebound because their fans deserve it.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- 9 Hilarious Player Nicknames You’ve never heard of nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nickna… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/pJ5b1ELtlJ
about 13 mins ago
- Easton Stick time in Los Angeles!
about 20 mins ago
- Week 3 Recap: Chicago Bears vs. Atlanta Falcons ift.tt/3czEY6l
about 25 mins ago
- Week 3 Recap: Washington Football Team vs Cleveland Browns ift.tt/335AUaQ
about 25 mins ago
- Three WHAT THE F#$* plays of Week 3; What are you doing? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/week-3… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Vmj0ETqCPQ
about 1 hour ago