Kenny “the Snake” Stabler suffered from chronic traumatic encephalopathy, or CTE, according to a study performed by Boston University.
Scientists believe repeated head trauma causes CTE, a progressive degenerative brain disease that can manifest in depression, disorientation and aggression. So far, it’s only diagnosable after death. Dozens of ex-professional football players have been shown to have struggled with CTE.
87 of 91 tested ex-NFL players had brain disease linked to head trauma according to a study performed by the University of Boston.
This is what the report read: Eighty-seven of 91 former NFL players who donated their brains to science after death tested positive for a brain disease that is believed to be linked with repeated head trauma and concussions, researchers said.
The former players were found to have had chronic traumatic encephalopathy, known as CTE, according to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and Boston University.
This is pretty scary if you ask me. I hope they are somehow able to get the numbers down, but it is not looking promising.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:One reason that can go against each AFC team in their race to win the Super Bowl nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/super-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 9 mins ago
- Washington Football Team’s Chase Young is on pace for 20 sacks in 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/chase-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/c99wYAPWCR
about 60 mins ago
- Bengals rookie QB Joe Burrow feels he took major strides last week and he just wants a win nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/joe-bu…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Are the Dolphins scared to play Tua because he has still not been hit? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/tua-2/ #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/cT4SSv8APS
about 1 hour ago
- Chiefs rookie defensive back L’Jarius Sneed is playing like the steal of the 2020 NFL Draft nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/ljariu…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago