Englishman Tom Burgess, a prop for the South Sydney Rabbitohs at club level who helped his country win their test series against New Zealand last month, took a crack at impressing several teams in the state of New York.
Tom Burgess, who helped the Rabbitohs win Australia’s National Rugby League title alongside brothers Sam and George in 2014, is under contract to remain with the Australian club until 2018, but wanted to try his hand at the NFL level.
Fellow rugby league star Jarryd Hayne, who is trying to forge an NFL career with the San Francisco 49ers was the first to open the door for Rugby players. According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter the British rugby star Tom Burgess recently tried out for the Jets and Bills. This comes just a week after he worked out for the Giants as a tight end.
Burgess is 6’5 and could convert to either the tight end position or the defensive end position.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Josh Gordon is back!! He signed with Fan Controlled Football League to play with Johnny Football… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 44 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Draft Diamond Free Agent Interview: Ryan Mueller, Pass Rusher nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/ryan-m… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 46 mins ago
- It is between the Bills and Packers twitter.com/jjwatt/status/…
about 54 mins ago
- ICYMI:Breaking: Former Texans draft pick Louis Nix III was found dead at the age of 29 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/breaki… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:Breaking: Former Texans draft pick Louis Nix III has passed away at the age of 29 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/breaki…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago