Former undrafted free agent Alex Boone will miss the remainder of the season with a sprained MCL. According to Contra Costa Times, The 49ers did not announce the official results of Boone’s MRI exam, but a league source said it’s a medial collateral ligament issue that, while not devastating, should be enough to keep Boone off the field for the team’s final three games.
He played college football for the Ohio State Buckeyes. A four-year starter for the Buckeyes (2005–08), Boone was a two-time All Big Ten selection (2nd team in 2007, 1st team in ’08). In his four years, the Buckeyes were 41-8 and captured four Big Ten titles and played in four BCS Bowl appearances including back-to-back National Championship games (2006 & ’07).
Boone went undrafted in the 2009 NFL Draft, at least partially due to concerns about alcohol abuse, but has since been an outstanding player.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Ok Coastal twitter.com/rivalsportal/s…
about 35 mins ago
- Better crush them today twitter.com/bymharrington/…
about 39 mins ago
- Interesting is right twitter.com/bjwilsonwgr/st…
about 40 mins ago
- Hope someone is fired twitter.com/llysowski/stat…
about 42 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Terry McLaurin Injury Review | Will the Washington star WR recovery?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 44 mins ago