2016 NFL Draft Scouting Notes: Tyler Johnstone, LT, Oregon
By Lijah Spencer (@tweaked74)
Tonight in scouting notes we look at an offensive lineman whom if not for his not one but two ACL injuries would be very high on the draft board. As always these notes are based on previous film, and will precede the full scouting report which will come later this season. Here are my notes:
Tyler Johnstone. 6’6. 295 Lbs. Oregon. (RS Senior)
1) A very athletic offensive tackle
2) Plays with very good power
3) Uses his hands well
4) Drive blocks very well
1) Two ACL injuries
Tyler Johnstone is a very fun tackle to watch play. He explodes into his man, often time pushing him back ten yards. He plays with very good power, and drive blocks very aggressively. Johnstone uses his hands well, and has decent footwork. Johnstone is an aggressive athletic blocker who loves what he does, and if not for the two ACL tears in his right knee he might well be one of the top tackles in the draft. In fact, with today’s medical treatments and recoveries, he still may be.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for July 30, 2021 | Roster Cuts, Signings, and Workouts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/07/transa… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 49 mins ago
- The Swiss Army Knife | Sitting down with Senior WR Tariq Gray nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/07/tariq-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/7O27tk8AF2
about 1 hour ago
- Impressive twitter.com/benverlander/s…
about 2 hours ago
- Do you guys think Tyreek Hill can actually beat Usain Bolt in a 40 yard dash?
about 2 hours ago
By: Chris DiCerbo The entire University of Nevada football team is looking to impress...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Jerome Howard. Together we...
2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview on The Slightly Personal Podcast: Kyriq McDonald DB Missouri State
When it comes to adversity at the collegiate level, Kyriq McDonald is a prime...
POSITION: Cornerback CLASS: Senior HEIGHT: 6-0 WEIGHT: 194 HOMETOWN: League City, Texas HIGH SCHOOL:...