John Madden was once a very legendary head football coach, and he feels that the Super Bowl call for Pete Carroll will haunt him forever.
“That will torment him forever,” Madden told The Los Angeles Times. “Winning one game is hard. Getting to the Super Bowl is hard. Then getting that close and losing has to be tough, because we only remember the winners of the Super Bowl. One of the biggest gaps in sports is the difference between the winning and losing teams of the Super Bowl. They don’t invite the losing team to the White House. They don’t have parades for them. They don’t throw confetti on them. Does it haunt you? Hell yes, it haunts you. I’m still haunted by some championship games.”
Do you think Madden is right?
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Week 3 Preview: Washington Football Team vs. Cleveland Browns ift.tt/2GaB5Zc
about 18 mins ago
- Poor Sam twitter.com/adamschefter/s…
about 28 mins ago
- Would Antonio Brown sign to a team’s practice squad to earn his spot on a roster? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/antoni… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 37 mins ago
- Top Aussie College Football Players Who Panned Out To NFL nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/top-au… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/41mldUqRcl
about 51 mins ago
- Stand firm and continue to do what is right! Even when you are attacked! https://t.co/bCfqVHbpVG
about 1 hour ago