According to the Associated Press, Judge Anita Brody approves a potential 1 billion dollar plan to resolve thousands of NFL concussion lawsuits. In February, Judge Anita Brody requested changes to the $765 million settlement that the NFL and players agreed to resolve claims resulting from concussions suffered during playing careers before she would give it final approval.
A federal judge has approved a plan to resolve thousands of NFL concussion lawsuits that could cost the league $1 billion over 65 years.
The NFL expects 6,000 of nearly 20,000 retired players to suffer from Alzheimer’s disease or moderate dementia someday. The settlement approved Wednesday by a federal judge in Philadelphia would pay them about $190,000 on average.
The awards could reach $1 million to $5 million for those diagnosed in their 30s and 40s with Parkinson’s disease or Lou Gehrig’s disease, or for deaths involving chronic brain trauma.
Today she approved it today!!!
The Associated Press @AP
BREAKING: Judge approves potential $1 billion plan to resolve thousands of NFL concussion lawsuits.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Former NFL Scout warns teams to Stay Away From Kwity Paye | Not a first-round talent? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/kwity-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 34 mins ago
- LSU WR Ja’Marr Chase | 2021 NFL Draft Injury Review | Doctor’s Take nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/jamarr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/YmrvNttZgY
about 43 mins ago
- Why Matt Corral Could Be One of The Best QB’s in 2021? | Film Breakdown | Ole Miss Football nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/matt-c…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 52 mins ago
- Last Chance:Interview with the Most Underrated SEC prospect in the country | Ainias Smith, ATH, Texas A&M joins Dra… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:Homeless Man participated in USC Trojan practices for days, ate with the team, and went unnoticed until… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago