If you had a good football team, why wouldn’t you want Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson? Well according to Peter King of SI.com, the Cardinals might not be interested in Peterson, because of his salary. According to King, the Cardinals like the running back class in the draft.
There’s some noise out there that Adrian Peterson could be traded to Arizona. Well, I guess he could, at some point. But the money would be a major problem. I spoke with a reliable Cardinals source Sunday night, and the three years and $45 million left on Peterson’s contract is an absolute non-starter with the Cards. “We haven’t had contact with the Vikings about it, to the best of my knowledge,” the source said. “And there is no way we could live with those numbers. We just got Larry Fitzgerald’s contract under control. No way we’d add that salary.” Two other detrimental factors: Arizona loves the running-back crop in this draft, and the Cardinals, with the 23rd and 55th overall picks, would be able to get a very good one. And Peterson turns 30 on Saturday. Not an optimum age for a back, even one who got so little wear on his tires in 2014.
It is starting to sound like there are not too many suitors for Peterson, the Cowboys said last week they are no longer interested either.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Joseph Greenwood, LS, Ball State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/joseph… #NFL #NFLDraftNews
about 42 mins ago
- Love the stomp on home plate twitter.com/barstoolsports…
about 59 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Austin Trammell, WR, Rice University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/austin… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 7 hours ago
- Last Chance:Note to NFL teams: Stay away from Trevor Lawrence | Bust chance increases to 90 percent… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 9 hours ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Austin Trammell, WR, Rice University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/austin…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 10 hours ago