The Philadelphia Eagles have already cut Todd Herremans and another player who could get cut if he does not restructure is Trent Cole.
Cole is set to make $11.6 million next season, which would be the second highest on the team. If the two sides are unable to reach a deal, it is unlikely Cole will be back, as releasing the outside linebacker would save the team $8.4 million.
According to NJ Advance Media, the Eagles are working on a restructured deal.
Well it looks like they have also been working on a new contract with Cole, a person close to the situation who requested anonymity has informed NJ Advance Media.
Whether the two sides are able to reach a deal remains to be seen. The fact that both sides are interested in making it happen should be considered a positive sign.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Washington Football Team’s Chase Young is on pace for 20 sacks in 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/chase-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/c99wYAPWCR
about 26 mins ago
- Bengals rookie QB Joe Burrow feels he took major strides last week and he just wants a win nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/joe-bu…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 43 mins ago
- Are the Dolphins scared to play Tua because he has still not been hit? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/tua-2/ #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/cT4SSv8APS
about 52 mins ago
- Chiefs rookie defensive back L’Jarius Sneed is playing like the steal of the 2020 NFL Draft nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/ljariu…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Put some respect on these names. Three QB’s that deserve more love - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/respec… #NFL
about 2 hours ago