Julius Thomas is a good tight end, but the Broncos are letting him go. Do they know something other teams may not? Well according to the Denver Post, the team is ready to make a push for Dolphins tight end Charles Clay.
Even as good as Thomas has been for the Broncos in recent years, Clay might be better when it comes to production. When you consider Ryan Tannehill was the quarterback, not Peyton Manning, throwing to him, his numbers are impressive.
Clay’s numbers from the last two seasons (127 receptions, 1364 yards, 9 touchdowns) are just as good if not better than those of Thomas (108 receptions, 1277 yards, 24 touchdowns), minus the touchdowns.
While Thomas is a much better red zone target, Clay is more explosive. With the Broncos keeping Demaryius Thomas and drafting Cody Latimer last year, they have two big targets for the red zone. So Clay, could be a very solid replacement at a much cheaper price.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Police arrest Georgetown WR Dijon Williams in connection to a first-degree murder in DC nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/dijon-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago
- Week 3 Recap: Kansas City Chiefs vs. Baltimore Ravens ift.tt/2Gd5aI1
about 43 mins ago
- ICYMI:Predicting the Stat Line of North Dakota State QB Trey Lance in his final game nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/north-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 44 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for September 29, 2020; Daily Workouts, Signings and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 46 mins ago
- This is a great piece by our newest contributor @TheNewAthlete go follow him and learn more about working out and h… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 47 mins ago