Last week the Philadelphia Eagles let former starting tackle and assistant coach Tra Thomas go from their coaching staff. Well on the way out he had some pretty harsh words about the team, especially Marcus Smith the team’s former first rounder.
Thomas, who was a left tackle in his playing days, tried to work with Eagles first-round draft pick Marcus Smith to help him learn to be an NFL pass rusher. Thomas says the problem with Smith — who didn’t record a single tackle in his rookie year — is that he simply isn’t strong enough to go up against NFL offensive linemen.
“He’s definitely going to have to get a little stronger out there because when you look at even his body type, he has the build of like a high school athlete still — a young college athlete,” Thomas said on Comcast SportsNet. “He needs to put on probably about a good 15 to 20 more pounds so he can really execute and be a effective out there.”
Marcus Smith sounds like Aaron Maybin 2.0….
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Sam Webb, DB, Missouri Western State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 21 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for August 5, 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/jb0o8aTxZX
about 45 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL COVID-19 OPT-OUT TRACKER nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/covid-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/6Le70ocn4L
about 50 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for August 5, 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/0mRnA5O30D
about 2 hours ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Alfred Green, DE, Wilfrid Laurier University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago