This weeks wildcard matchup between the Cowboys and Lions has one of the most intriguing matchups that no one is talking about. The talk all year has been how stellar the Cowboys O-Line has been. This week really puts that to the test. With Detroit making the trip to Dallas this week we are looking at 2 of the best lines in action. Detroit comes to Dallas with a #2 ranked defense in the league and the #1 overall defense against the rush. Of course Dallas with the #2 overall rushing attack at 147.1 YPG has been all the talk this season. Detroit has received some credit for their defense this season but not truly what they deserve. Detroit boasts the #1 rushing defense thanks in large part to the D-Line.
DeAndre Levy has played out of this world with 151 combined tackles. All do to that front 4. Suh, Fairley, Jones and Ansah provide good protection for Levy to run free and scrape for the tackles. It will be interesting to see how Dallas handles the front 4 of Detroit and if they are able to get to the Lions linebackers. Like the old saying goes this game will be won in the trenches. If Dallas can get to the Line backing core of Detroit and handle the front 4 of the Lions one on one Detroit could be in for a long day in Jerry’s world. Look early to see how they are matching up. The winner of that matchup will be moving on to next weekend’s divisional round.
Article written by Lightfield
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:NFL Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Mario Flores, Wide Receiver nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/mario-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 24 mins ago
- Best Turkey Day Play Ever! When I knew Josh Allen was my QB twitter.com/mikerotolo35/s…
about 25 mins ago
- This was said! Per my source too twitter.com/adamschefter/s…
about 27 mins ago
- Damn..... twitter.com/adamschefter/s…
about 29 mins ago
- Last Chance:Turkey Day Picks, Predictions, and Fantasy Sleepers nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/turkey… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/CMlWo6kgJW
about 1 hour ago