Cleveland Browns wide receiver Andrew Hawkins made a huge statement this week after he wore a “Justice for Tamir Rice and John Crawford III” shirt. The Cleveland Police Department wanted an apology but Hawkins will not give one.
“A call for justice shouldn’t warrant an apology,” Hawkins said, via Adam Ferrise of the Northeast Ohio Media Group.
Hawkins gave a passionate defense of his actions, saying he’s afraid what happened to Rice could happen to his 2-year-old son.
“If I was to run away from what I felt in my soul was the right thing to do, that would make me a coward and I couldn’t live with that,” Hawkins said. “That little boy is my world,” Hawkins said, choking up. “My number one reason for wearing the T-shirt was the thought of what happened to Tamir Rice happening to my little Austin. And that scares the living hell out of me. . . .
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Jets activated WR Jeff Smith from IR
Jets signed Javelin Guidry to their active roster
Jets promoted WR Lawrence Ca… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 25 mins ago
- Titans placed CB Kristian Fulton on COVID-19 list
about 26 mins ago
- From the 409 to the 325: Angelo State QB Zach Bronkhorst is leading the Rams nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/zach-b… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 28 mins ago
- Did You See This:XFL IS BACK!!! It will kickoff in the Spring of 2022 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/xfl-36/ #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/fZLSEJQSqV
about 32 mins ago
- Did You See This:Adam Gase’s job is safe even if he loses to the Broncos, How is that possible?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 38 mins ago