Cleveland Browns wide receiver Andrew Hawkins made a huge statement this week after he wore a “Justice for Tamir Rice and John Crawford III” shirt. The Cleveland Police Department wanted an apology but Hawkins will not give one.
“A call for justice shouldn’t warrant an apology,” Hawkins said, via Adam Ferrise of the Northeast Ohio Media Group.
Hawkins gave a passionate defense of his actions, saying he’s afraid what happened to Rice could happen to his 2-year-old son.
“If I was to run away from what I felt in my soul was the right thing to do, that would make me a coward and I couldn’t live with that,” Hawkins said. “That little boy is my world,” Hawkins said, choking up. “My number one reason for wearing the T-shirt was the thought of what happened to Tamir Rice happening to my little Austin. And that scares the living hell out of me. . . .
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Draft Prospect Free Agent Interview: Troy Porter, Offensive Lineman nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/troy-p…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 27 mins ago
- I'm hearing they are looking at CB's too twitter.com/salsports/stat…
about 30 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: CJ Anderson, Defensive Tackle nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/cj-and…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 32 mins ago
- Dang twitter.com/laurenthomas/s…
about 35 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Terry Hunter Jr., Running Back nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/terry-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 44 mins ago