T.J. Lang avoided any major structural damage to his injured left ankle, and the Green Bay Packers’ starting right guard will not need surgery, according to a source. However, the Packers won’t know until next week whether he will be available for their post-bye game against the Chicago Bears on Nov. 9.
“Not sure about a timetable yet,” the source said.
The injury was diagnosed as a sprain. Lang was injured at the end of the first series in Sunday’s 44-23 loss at the New Orleans Saints. He appeared to land awkwardly while blocking an extra point. He played just five snaps on offense and the lone special teams snap.
Optimistic about the ankle injury and thankful for the bye! Thanks for the kind words.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:NFLHeads’ Conference Championship Picks | Who makes it to the Super Bowl? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/confer… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 14 mins ago
- ICYMI:Should the Steelers sign QB Dwayne Haskins to a futures deal? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/dwayen… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/HJ7Yx0pKzB
about 36 mins ago
- Did You See This:Getting to Know: Jacob Roberts, LB, North Carolina A&T nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/jacob-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/S8vgWWSDBG
about 57 mins ago
- Did You See This:Post Retirement Review: Philip Rivers, Quarterback nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/philip… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/uCza5GYDIB
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:Marty Hurney expected to be the new Washington Football Team’s GM nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/marty-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago