The National Football League’s deadline is the Tuesday following the eighth week (formerly sixth) of the regular season, which typically falls in mid-October. However, this was changed for the 2012 NFL season, with the deadline being moved ahead two weeks in hopes of more trade activity at the deadline.
So with the trade deadline a few weeks away, I thought I would list four defensive players I could see moved by the date.
Tony Carter – CB – Denver Broncos – Tony Carter is dropping down the depth chart with young players Kayvon Webster and Bradley Roby taking over his thunder. Carter is a very good corner and could help many teams in the NFL. I feel Carter is good enough to start in this league. One team I could see that would be a potential suitor is the San Francisco 49ers, who are currently starting their fifth corner this week against the Broncos.
Dion Jordan – DE – Miami Dolphins – This guy has bust written all over him. He was little coming out of Oregon, but the Dolphins traded up to select him. He has been suspended more than he has been on the field. Jordan has to go, he is not helping the football team, just chalk it up as a loss. One team I could see that is interested is Philadelphia and Chip Kelly. If they are not interested he might not have a space in the NFL.
Jabaaal Sheard – OLB – Cleveland Browns – Sheard is a stud pass rusher who needs to be on the field, but the Browns are paying Paul Kruger a ton of money and have Barkevious Mingo subbing in and out. The Browns could get a good pick for Sheard in my opinion. I would try to trade Sheard if I was Mike Pettine. One team I could see interested is the New York Jets. Sheard is a Jet type of linebacker.
Kenrick Ellis – DT – New York Jets – Ellis is in a pickle for the Jets. He is due a contract extension and the Jets have Damon Harrison who is outplaying him. The team needs to find a place for him and they cannot with both Harrison and Sheldon Richardson balling. One place I could see Ellis landing is on Green Bay’s roster. The Packers are thin at DT and Ellis could be a huge upgrade.
What players do you think could be traded? Let us know below in the comments section.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: JaQuan Bailey, DL, Iowa State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/jaquan… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/8UVjDZKgx8
about 39 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Wyatt Gardner, OC, West Liberty University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 46 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Shannon Hall, DL, Western Illinois University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 52 mins ago
- ICYMI:Kansas City Chiefs Fantasy Football Preview nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/kansas… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/nDA0Y2ApjW
about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Chase Lucas, CB, Arizona State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/chase-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/ezbGQxulFO
about 1 hour ago