William Gay knows a thing about domestic violence. Steelers cornerback William Gay, who lost his mother when he was seven years old after she was shot and killed by his stepfather, said Monday that he wants to reach out to Rice.
“My mom passed away from domestic violence,” Gay said Monday, via the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “That was wrong of (Rice) but at the end of the day, we don’t need to run away from Ray Rice. He needs help. So we have to do everything we can do to help him. That just lets you know domestic violence is real. It’s real in the NFL … and we’re not immune to it. …
This is so sad, but Gay does have a point. Ray Rice does need help, and should seek some help. It is pretty great to see William Gay as a person that suffered from seeing his mother lose her life willing to help.
“Someone could have died, that’s all,” Gay said, via the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “That’s how I feel about the situation, so we need to do everything we can to help Ray Rice. Because we don’t need to run away from him and say he’s evil. It’s an issue, we need to deal with it, and we need to help Ray Rice and his [wife] to be better from it.”
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Bills need to get some damn fans in the stands. Who do we need to contact? Whose Twitter do we need to blow up?
about 3 mins ago
- Man, Gabriel Davis has been a dog today too. His toe touch catch on the sidelines was gross. Let's Go Bills
about 6 mins ago
- This Buffalo Bills team is good, their offense has been more impressive in the first three weeks than the defense.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 7 mins ago
- BILLS GREAT PLAY CALL, WIDE OPEN TIGHT END
about 7 mins ago
- TOUCHDOWN BILLS JOSH ALLEN TO TYLER KROFT
about 8 mins ago