The Pittsburgh Steelers have a ground and pound team to die for with Le’Veon Bell, LeGarrette Blount and Dri Archer. Well their starting back is now a little faster and agile than he was last season. Bell is a big back, but he came into camp weighing 10 pounds lighter according to the Pittsburgh Post Gazette.
Bell has tried to be a better fit for the zone-blocking system by reporting to training camp at 232 pounds, approximately 10 pounds lighter than his playing weight his senior season in college.
“I wanted to be lighter; I feel like I move a little better,” Bell said. “I’m still strong, I’m still a big back — 230 is still big. So I don’t feel like I need to be 240. Looking at my film, when I was lighter, I made cuts a lot quicker, I was faster. I feel better around that weight, so I’m going to stay around that weight.”
This is great news for the Steelers because they now have three different sized running backs that can all cause harm on a defense. Expect the Steelers to run through defenses in 2014.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for November 23, 2020, Daily Workouts, Signings, & Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 15 mins ago
- That was a fumble and the Rams recovered for a touchdown they throw the flag to fast for that old man
about 18 mins ago
- That should be a touchdown
about 18 mins ago
- Did You See This:Jets RB La’Mical Perine will miss several weeks with an ankle injury nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/lamica… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 21 mins ago
- Very concerning. The Fantasy Doctors believe the injury to Joe Burrow is worse than originally thought. He could mi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 26 mins ago