Cleveland Browns head coach Mike Pettine basically stated that the gap between Brian Hoyer and Johnny Manziel is closing quick.
“When camp began, Brian was the ones because we had to put somebody out there with the ones,” Pettine said Saturday, overlooking the rep-splitting approach that the Vikings have used with rookie Teddy Bridgewater. “But they were truly competing against each other, and at some point we will mix the units. I think that it’s all part of our evaluation process.”
It will be interested to see if Johnny Football can take the keys to the car, but as of right now it sounds like Hoyer is still in the driver’s seat.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- My guy is the best!! twitter.com/dickdegroat/st…
about 5 mins ago
- Like I said this is an amazing story. My brother had open heart surgery and was told he could not play any sports.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 22 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Kama Kamaka, DB, San Diego University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/2021-n… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/cOICpT6sWw
about 55 mins ago
- Corrigan’s Gambling Corner: College Football Week 14 ift.tt/3qtoZgx
about 58 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for December 4th, 2020, Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago