Washington is definitely a team to watch in 2014. A new coaching staff, a healthy star QB, two Pro Bowl WRs, and an up-and-coming TE are all reasons for optimism in the nation’s capital.
Star: Robert Griffin III (QB)
13 Stats: 274/456-3203 yards-16 TD-12 INT, 86 carries-489 yards
Why He’s a Star: Fantasy players everywhere were expected much more from Griffin last year. However, he struggled to live up to everyone’s expectations. I believe 2014 will be a huge bounce-back year for the former second overall pick. He is in a new QB friendly system with Jay Gruden, has another option in Desean Jackson to add to his stable, and seems to be fully healthy. Griffin should certainly be a QB1 this year.
Avoid: Alfred Morris (RB)
13 Stats: 276 carries-1275 yards-7 TDs
Why to Avoid: Morris has racked up the yards in his first two NFL seasons. He has also scored 20 TDs in that time. However, with a new offensive scheme, he may not see the field as often because of his biggest downfall: catching the football. He only has 20 catches in two years for Washington. Roy Helu is a much better receiver and will steal more snaps this year. Morris could still be a low end RB2.
Sleeper: Roy Helu (RB)
Why He’s A Sleeper: While he will not get the volume of carries that Morris will see, he could see around 75-100 while also getting 45-70 targets in the passing game. Helu should be a solid flex play for your team.
IDP to Watch: Perry Riley (LB)
13 Stats: 72 tackles-43 assists-3 sacks-1 INT
Why: Riley is finally playing without being in the shadow of retired LB London Fletcher. He has posted two consecutive 115+ total tackle numbers in Washington. If he stays on the field in more sub-packages, he could very well see 130 total tackles in 2014.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:How Football Rules Can Help You Build a Successful Relationship nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/succes… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Eric Stokes, CB, University of Georgia nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/eric-s… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/SxEZv8QKZ7
about 32 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Harrison Hill, LB, University of Cincinnati… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 40 mins ago
- Last Chance:Texas high school football player ejected from the game, and he viciously tackles the ref (VIDEO)… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 47 mins ago
- Did You See This:Draft Buzz: Catching up with Coastal Carolina RB C.J. Marable nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/c-j-ma… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 51 mins ago