According to an independent investigation into the Dolphins’ bullying scandal, Jonathan Martin, 24, was a constant target of verbal harassment and ridicule in Miami’s locker room. As a result, the 2012 second-round pick became depressed, twice contemplated suicide and considered leaving the NFL after his rookie season.
Martin left the Dolphins after seven regular-season games last year and his exit made the NFL’s locker-room culture a national conversation. On Tuesday, Martin said his two months with the 49ers, who acquired for a conditional 2015 seventh-round pick, have been positive.
“It’s been great,” he said. “I’ve got no complaints. It’s a competitive environment, but everyone takes care of each other. So it’s been fun.”
It will be interesting to see how Martin does in San Francisco, but it seems he is doing well now.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Jordan Canady, DB, North Dakota nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/that-s… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/jw12AbB9O8
about 39 mins ago
- Did You See This:FBI arrests Ohio man who threatened to lynch black HS football player that kneeled… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 42 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Matthew Mattingly, WR, Morgan State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 51 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Mike Boykin, DL, North Alabama nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/mike-b… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Clay Legault, OL, Merrimack College nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/clay-l… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago