Do you remember the Marshall football team that died in a plane crash? Well first off, Rest in Peace to the Marshall football team, but it is pretty interesting to find out the NFL has a contingency plan in place if something tragic like this happens?
The NFL will hold a ‘disaster draft’ should a disaster or near-disaster occur to a team. The NFL defines the word ‘near-disaster’ as less than 15 player casualties; the word ‘disaster’ as greater than 15 player casualties. There are similar provisions for other sports leagues.
In the NFL, teams suffering a near disaster would be required to play out the season, though they would have priority on all waiver claims. If the team lost a quarterback, it would be permitted to draft a quarterback from a team that has a third quarterback.
In a disaster (15 or more lost players), the NFL’s commissioner would decide whether or not to continue the team’s season. If it were to continue, the near-disaster plan would go into effect. If not, a restocking draft would take place in the offseason. In addition, the team would get the No. 1 pick in the upcoming draft.
This is truly a wild plan, but you better have a plan for everything.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Falcons WR Julio Jones could end up being a game-time decision week 12 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/julio-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago
- Pickard’s Week 12 Fantasy Football Rankings ift.tt/3pSlxMl
about 36 mins ago
- ICYMI:Will Raheem Mostert return from injury this week? His coach is hopeful nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/raheem… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 42 mins ago
- That shirt would look good on these biceps!! Proud of you fam! twitter.com/bullittteam/st…
about 49 mins ago
- I can dig it twitter.com/krulltruistic/…
about 1 hour ago