Are you a former NFL player, that is struggling in the world? Well there is now grants you can apply for that can help you out financially. Here is the letter from the NFLPA.
Grants available to former NFL Players
If you know any former players that are going through some difficult times and are in need of financial and medical assistance, here is the contact information, phone numbers, applications and links to the NFL Player Care Foundation, the NFLPA – Gene Upshaw PAT (Player Assistance Trust) fund and the Gridiron Greats Foundation. Please review the different criteria established for each of the grants.
NFL Players Association Link: Gene Upshaw PAT Fund Application
Contact Tyrone Allen at (800)-372-2000 ext. 166
The GU PAT was created to provide short-term financial assistance to former players or their immediate family members who may be faced with a financial or medical crisis.
NFL Player Care Foundation Link: NFL Player Care Foundation
Contact Dana at (800) 635-4625 ext. 3
The NFL Player Care Foundation provides monetary grantsto qualified NFL alumni who are experiencing financial hardships. The PCF has also enacted a number of programs to improve the quality of life for former players. Applicant must be a former NFL player with at least two credited seasons of NFL play or are otherwise vested, under the NFL’s Bert Bell/Pete Rozelle plan, and widows and children of deceased former NFL players who would otherwise be eligible for support.
Gridiron Greats Assistance Fund Link: GGAF Application
Contact Karen Wright at (773) 867-8160
Email Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss their assistance program and criteria needed to qualify for financial and medical assistance. While funds are available to all former players that played three or more years in the League, the fund has also set certain criteria and limitations.
If you have any questions about these programs, or need any additional assistance. I can be reached at 716-912-0019, or you can email me at email@example.com
Your Alumni brother,
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Clay Legault, OL, Merrimack College nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/clay-l… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 39 mins ago
- Sabres Top-Tier Talent is For Real (Part 1 of 2) ift.tt/2FQ51tC
about 1 hour ago
- NFL Transactions for September 19, 2020; Signings, Daily Workouts, and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:Breaking: Bills are signing former Jets OC Jonotthan Harrison to their practice squad nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/jonott…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Jordan Canady, DB, North Dakota nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/that-s… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/iIc9Q8O0EK
about 3 hours ago