Sammy Watkins seemed excited when the Buffalo Bills traded up for him, and it was a very bold move according to Doug Whaley and Russ Brandon.
“We thought it was a calculated risk and a risk we were willing to take,” said Whaley. “It was a very high cost, but the high cost not making the playoffs is something we weighed in and we thought this guy was going to get us to the playoffs. We think for us, the Bills organization, Mr. Wilson and the Bills nation out there, it was well worth it.”
Sammy Watkins was very happy the Bills made the move, especially when he found out it was his favorite childhood team.
The former Fort Myers, Florida native will be an amazing target for the Bills and E.J. Manuel. This Bills offense is going to be very high powered. If E.J. Manuel stays healthy watch out.
“Just being a kid you like colors and I liked the red, white and blue,” said Watkins. “I liked all the receivers they had and Drew Bledsoe. As a kid you like all the best teams (on the video games) and they were one of the best teams. So I just used to play video games with them and beat everybody.” – Sammy Watkins told Chris Brown of BuffaloBills.com
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Interview with the Most Underrated SEC prospect in the country | Ainias Smith, ATH, Texas A&M joins Dra… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 11 mins ago
- Last Chance:Homeless Man participated in USC Trojan practices for days, ate with the team, and went unnoticed until… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 13 mins ago
- Last Chance:2022 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Tyler Shough, QB, University of Oregon nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/tyler-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 14 mins ago
- Everyday we choose Faith! Praise his name! twitter.com/sports_mom_u/s…
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:Texas High School Football star WR Tony Evans Jr. who committed to Wyoming Shot and Killed in Dallas… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago