On Friday’s edition of the “Around The League Podcast,” NFL Media analyst Bucky Brooks predicted that one rookie wide out would pile up catches.
It was not Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans, but rather Brandin Cooks who could pile up “70-plus catches” as a rookie while supplanting the recently vacated roles of Darren Sproles and Lance Moore in the high-octane aerial attack.
“The fact that the Saints jumped up to get him shows that Sean Payton has a plan for him,” Brooks explained. “And I think that plan could include him being the guy that plays all over the field … He should have a big, big, big season. I’m not a fantasy football player, but I would put a lot of money on Brandin Cooks if he was my guy.”
I don’t feel that Cooks will be the guy to catch seventy balls, I still feel Sammy is the guy to beat for Offensive Rookie of the Year.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- This shows humbleness. Just a few years ago he was the highest paid cornerback in the NFL. Now he is on a practic… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 7 mins ago
- Raiders could be down a linebacker this week, I wonder if they pull up a practice squad guy! Should know soon
about 28 mins ago
- I would not be surprised if the Colts brought up a CB this week from their practice squad. Would make a ton of sen… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 29 mins ago
- MLB DFS September 19: Late Night Value ift.tt/33MMXsR
about 42 mins ago
- Breaking: Bills are signing former Jets OC Jonotthan Harrison to their practice squad nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/jonott… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago