Last year Le’Veon Bell was drafted to become the featured back in Pittsburgh, and he ignited the Steelers run game rushing for 860 yards on 244 attempts. Bell was able to accomplish this in just 13 games, because he dealt with injuries which caused him to miss three games last year. The other four backs on the team accounted for 113 attempts, and could not get the job done when the Steelers needed them too. The Steelers have been known as a power running team for as long as I can remember, and Mike Tomlin loves to open the lanes and shove the ball down your throat.
On March 28th, 2014 the Pittsburgh Steelers added former Oregon Duck running back LaGarrette Blount to a two-year contract worth $3.85 million, including a $950,000 signing bonus. This was not a surprise move, because we all knew the Steelers love to run the ball and losing Jonathan Dwyer to free agency to the Arizona Cardinals opened a spot at the running back. Blount ran for 772 yards on 152 attempts last year for the New England Patriots and scored 7 times.
The new Thunder and Lightning in the “Steel City” is going to be fun to watch. While we all know that Le’Veon Bell’s carries could decrease the team has already explained to LaGarrette Blount they plan to use him in short yardage and on the goal line.
“They basically told me that a lot of teams have three or four guys that run the football and that they feel like they can do everything they want with two.” – Blount told SiriusXM NFL Radio.
It the Steelers can somehow figure out a way to split the carries with both Blount and Bell they could have the most high powered running back combination in football. Blount and Bell are tough and will be an awesome duo if both can stay healthy. Pittsburgh Steelers are not afraid to run the ball, and I feel both will dominate the AFC North.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for November 30, 2020, Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 45 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Caleb Johnson, LB, Houston Baptist nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/caleb-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Daniel Jones Injury Update, Good news, he did not tear his Hamstring… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Last Chance:Draft Buzz: Catching up with Coastal Carolina Edge Jeffrey Gunter nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/jeffre… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for November 30, 2020, Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago