How many times can a person get in trouble for a team before they take action? The San Francisco 49ers have had problems after problems with Aldon Smith after he had his best season ever in the NFL. The guy has been arrested for guns, and now it looks like he was arrested and detained for saying something about a “bomb” at the LAX airport.
According to a witness named John Egan linebacker Aldon Smith was waiting for a Southwest flight when he was approached by several police officers who led him away from the gate. TMZ has a picture of the reported incident that shows police handcuffing the man identified as Smith.
“I heard him say, ‘I did nothing wrong,’” Egan said. “The whole thing ratcheted up from there. The cops were trying to calm him down. He wasn’t out of control; just agitated.”
According to Pro Football Talk the Los Angeles Police Department confirmed an arrest was made but said they would not identify him until after he was booked.
TMZ.com is now reporting that Smith did make a comment:
Cops say Smith became “belligerent and uncooperative with the process and with the TSA agent making a comment indicating that he was in possession of a bomb before proceeding toward the gate area.”
TMZ Sports obtained video showing Smith in handcuffs … telling police he did nothing wrong. He also says they’re going to be “embarrassed.”
My biggest problem with Smith is how many times do the Niners have to babysit this kid? He is due a contract at the end of the year. Would you honestly re-sign this guy? He is in trouble too much. Smith has a long history with the law — the 24-year-old defensive end was arrested in 2012 for DUI and in 2013, he was charged with 3 counts of illegal possession of an assault weapon stemming from a violent incident at his home in San Joe, Ca where Smith was stabbed. The Niners should look to trade Smith and get anything they can. He is a “Bomb” waiting to explode……
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco
Statement from 49ers GM Trent Baalke: “We are disappointed to learn of the incident today involving Aldon Smith. …”
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Julio Jones Injury Update, Could he return this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/julio-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 14 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Salvon Ahmed Injury Update, Ruled out already for Week 12, OUCH… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 18 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for November 27, 2020, Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Tua Tagovailoa Injury Update, How banged up is Tua? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/tua-ta… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 37 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Myles Gaskin Injury Update, Will he return this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/myles-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 52 mins ago