How many teams were recruiting you out of high school?
-Out of High School I had a good amount of schools recruiting me, most of the WAC and a few pac-12 schools as well.
Where did you choose and why?
-I chose to go to Fresno State because of its reputation for having tough, hardnosed players, which all stems from head coach Pat Hill.
What were your goals for your senior year?
-Ultimately, my biggest goal for my senior year was to help my team win our conference and get to the section title game, both of which we accomplished.
Have any scouts met with you, and if so what are they saying?
-I’ve had a good number of scouts meet with me throughout the spring. They all say different things but the recurring words I am hearing are versatility, and that they love my style of play. Both are things I pride myself on.
At your position, what separates you from the others?
-At my position, I separate myself from the rest with my relentless play and nasty mentality on the field. Being from Fresno State, I have learned to play with a chip on my shoulder and that is something that isn’t easily taught.
Tell us what you look for when breaking down film?
-Film study is one of the most important things you can do, especially as a rookie. I look for tendencies with each player I might face, and also tendencies of the defense as a whole.
Who was the toughest player you have ever faced?
-I would have to say that Corey Liuget was the best opponent I have faced.
If you could compare your play to one person in the NFL who would it be?
-Being from Fresno State, that answer is easy, Logan Mankins.
What was the biggest obstacle in your life you had to overcome, and how did you overcome it?
-I would just use my football experiences and say that always being under rated has been my biggest obstacle. I have overcome this obstacle by keeping my head down and working as hard as I can to reach my goals.
What system fits your style of play the best?
-Having a head coach change half way through my career in college, I have played in both the spread, and a pro-style offense. Both I love to play in, but the downhill, power heavy pro-style offense is where my roots in football come from.
What is your biggest strength?
-I have played a lot of snaps of football and am a very well rounded player on the field. I can recognize things very quickly on the run, and the mental aspect is a tremendous part of the next level.
If I were a GM and gave you a second to sell yourself, what would you say?
-If you want a nasty, physical offensive lineman that has the work ethic to last in the league, I’m your guy.
Growing up, who was your role model?
-Hands down my father. He is a perfect example of what I want to be as a father, and as a man. He continues to show me what it takes to keep a family together and feel loved, while his work ethic has allowed for his kids to do what they love.
Who was your favorite team and player in the NFL and why?
-I don’t have a favorite team, just favorite player, Logan Mankins.
If you were to have dinner with three people dead or alive who would it be?
-Theodore Roosevelt, FDR, and Winston Churchill.
With your first paycheck what would you buy?
– The first thing I would buy would be a big dinner for all my family and friends who have helped me get to where I am today.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Fantasy Doctors: Terry McLaurin Injury Review | Will the Washington star WR recovery? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/fantas… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago
- That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Collin Hill, QB, South Carolina nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/collin… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/UHNTnLenrP
about 37 mins ago
- Jake Funk, RB, Maryland | 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Zoom Interview nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/jake-f… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/ObBP3PgShc
about 53 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for March 4, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for March 4, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 6 hours ago