Just last week Chris Mortensen of ESPN reported that Teddy Bridgewater’s private workouts have been “shaky.” While that might be what he was told by a team who could be lying to get their guy to fall to them, it is not true.
Kennard McGuire, Bridgewater’s agent has responded to the report via text and email to Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio saying:
Bridgewater has had only one private workout. Which necessarily contradicts the notion that Bridgewater has had shaky workouts.
“I have a tremendous amount of respect for journalists who work in this new age of media,” McGuire said via email. “While I am certain this statement wasn’t intended to be misleading, it is my duty to remove and eliminate any doubt. Teddy has visited multiple teams with more workouts and visits coming in the near future. The assessment we received from the one workout was ‘simply amazing and sharp,’ and we expect nothing short or less than stellar in the upcoming workouts in the very near future.”
So this was my next question, could Chris Mortensen or other reporters get paid extra to put a player down because they know NFL scouts do not do their job correctly? They know the media has power, and that one false report could cause a person to lose money as well as help another team gain a great player.
I am not saying this is what happened in this case, but do you feel media can affect a players draft stock?
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Chiefs rookie defensive back L’Jarius Sneed is playing like the steal of the 2020 NFL Draft… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 36 mins ago
- Week 3 IDP Report ift.tt/3mOyuoP
about 60 mins ago
- He is with you every day. He will not depart from you! God Bless You All! https://t.co/YER1qrKVut
about 1 hour ago
- Coach Prime lands his first recruit at Jackson State! Former Mississippi State DB transfers to JSU… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- NFL Transactions for September 24, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago