The NFL is a very amazing league, but one man in Las Vegas is extremely upset, especially because he could not attend the NFL Championship game last year in Seattle. The Las Vegas man says in a $50 million lawsuit against the NFL that his hopes were dashed by the league and others he accuses of engaging in “economic discrimination” with an illegal ticket policy limiting credit-card sales to selected pro-Seattle markets. His lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Las Vegas says it was part of an effort to keep 49ers fans away and further promote the Seattle Seahawks’ boisterous home-field advantage at CenturyLink Field.
“They’re always boasting up there about their 12th player and everything else,” Williams told The Associated Press on Friday. “But by allowing the NFL to decide who can or cannot attend the games, you make it an unfair game. Seattle fixed it.”
Williams, who works as a promoter in the entertainment industry, said that because the NFL relies heavily on public subsidies and money from taxpayers to build stadiums it should not be allowed to deny ticket sales to individuals on the basis they are “not from an area determined by the team — or the NFL — to be fan of that team.”
“The practice of withholding the sale of tickets from the public at large and allowing only credit card holders limited to certain areas is a violation of the Federal Consumer Fraud Act and/or common law,” according to the lawsuit filed April 15.
In the case of January’s game, the Seahawks limited ticket sales only to credit cards with addresses in the states of Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, Alaska and Hawaii, as well as the Canadian provinces of British Columbia and Alberta.
That sounds pretty crazy, and it looks like the man will have quite the law suit. WOW, I think the NFL messed up on this one. What do you think?
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- It would be a bit but Deion should keep the camera out of JSU for the first year! I would twitter.com/lastchanceualu…
about 35 mins ago
- That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Ryan Roberts, Director of Scouting NFL Draft Bible - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/ryan-r…
about 37 mins ago
- If Broncos win with Blake Bortles, what does that say about Drew Lock? - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/drew-l…
about 50 mins ago
- Would Antonio Brown sign to a team’s practice squad to earn his spot on a roster? - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/antoni…
about 50 mins ago
- Carolina Panthers need to draft a quarterback in the first round of the 2021 NFL Draft - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/panthe…
about 51 mins ago