Chris Clemons, a 32-year-old veteran who had been viewed as a likely cap casualty, was informed today that he is being released. According to Albert Breer of NFL Network, the move saved the Seahawks $7.5 million in cap room. The great thing about his release is the Jacksonville Jaguars, or the Seahawks of the South are already planning to entertain Clemons.
Clemons is scheduled to visit with the Jaguars, and is en route to Florida. Per NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport, there’s “lots of mutual interest there.” Clemons played for Jaguars coach Gus Bradley in Seattle, and would keep the Seahawks-to-Jaguars pipeline going steady.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Put some respect on these names. Three QB’s that deserve more love nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/respec… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/80DDEy5EjD
about 28 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for September 23, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts and Daily Workouts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews
about 30 mins ago
- Last Chance:Breaking: Bills are signing TE Nate Becker to their practice squad nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nate-b… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 34 mins ago
- Last Chance:Bears legendary running back Gale Sayers has passed away at the age of 77 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/gale-s… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 40 mins ago
- Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Jimmy Strickland, Long Snapper nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/jimmy-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/cJl8or9HD0
about 47 mins ago