Colin Kaepernick is heading into the final year of his rookie deal, which will pay him $973,766, but that will need to increase quite a bit next year, according to Boston Globe’s Ben Volin.
Per sources close to the Boston Globe’s Ben Volin, Kaepernick is looking for a deal that is “similar or slightly better than” the extensions that were given to Dallas Cowboys star passer Tony Romo and Chicago Bears signal-caller Jay Cutler. Romo makes $18 million per year and Cutler makes $18.1 million, but the Cowboys QB makes a couple of million more in guaranteed money.
I am not sure if Kaepernick is a better player then either one of those guys but I guess you could say those are fair parameters of a deal. Do you think Kaepernick deserves 18 million a season? Let us know on twitter @DraftDiamonds.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Fantasy Football: Week 13 Waiver Wire Report nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/waiver… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/o72Eb6Scp9
about 17 mins ago
- Cincinnati Reds: Hot Stove Update As December Begins ift.tt/37tQ6zk
about 22 mins ago
- Did You See This:South Carolina High School Football Player Mikell McKelvey was shot and killed on Thanksgiving Day… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 36 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Heads hand out their Pro Bowl Votes, Josh Allen and Big Ben both snubbed? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/pro-bo… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 45 mins ago
- Did You See This:Draft buzz: Catching up with Miami Hurricanes WR Xavier Restrepo nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/xavier… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 50 mins ago