The Chicago Bears have asked veteran kick returner/wide receiver Eric Weems to take a pay cut from the $1.1 million base salary he is scheduled to earn in 2014. Weems is expected to be released if he declines the proposed salary reduction, per Jeff Dickerson of ESPN Chicago.
Weems signed a three-year deal, $4.25 million that included a $1.5 million bonus. His salary cap number for the upcoming season is $1.6 million, but the Bears would have to carry $500,000 worth of dead money if Weems is released, making the total salary cap savings $1.1 million.
Filed to http://t.co/mnFHigRV1y: #Bears ask KR/WR Eric Weems to take pay cut. Will be released if he declines, per sources.
3/18/14 8:41 AM
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- What time is the draft? I have a feeling Jack Eichel is traded soon. Will I be upset if he is not traded, nope, but… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 24 mins ago
- Lay-Z Lay my self down haha twitter.com/JoshuaPotash/s…
about 29 mins ago
- NFL teams looking for a defensive tackle need to check out Toby Johnson, the big man needs to be on a team.
about 42 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for July 23, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/07/transa… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 42 mins ago
- #49ers worked out DE Justus Reed and DT Eddie Vandrdoes
Justus is a former Youngstown State pass rusher
about 43 mins ago
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Jerome Howard. Together we...
2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview on The Slightly Personal Podcast: Kyriq McDonald DB Missouri State
When it comes to adversity at the collegiate level, Kyriq McDonald is a prime...
POSITION: Cornerback CLASS: Senior HEIGHT: 6-0 WEIGHT: 194 HOMETOWN: League City, Texas HIGH SCHOOL:...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Matt Waletzko. Together we...