The Chicago Bears have asked veteran kick returner/wide receiver Eric Weems to take a pay cut from the $1.1 million base salary he is scheduled to earn in 2014. Weems is expected to be released if he declines the proposed salary reduction, per Jeff Dickerson of ESPN Chicago.
Weems signed a three-year deal, $4.25 million that included a $1.5 million bonus. His salary cap number for the upcoming season is $1.6 million, but the Bears would have to carry $500,000 worth of dead money if Weems is released, making the total salary cap savings $1.1 million.
Filed to http://t.co/mnFHigRV1y: #Bears ask KR/WR Eric Weems to take pay cut. Will be released if he declines, per sources.
3/18/14 8:41 AM
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for September 22, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 22 mins ago
- Did You See This:Breaking: Colts are expected to sign TE Ethan Wolf and TE Hale Hentges to their practice squad… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 32 mins ago
- Did You See This:15 year old nephew reportedly the suspect in Miami HS Football Coach Corey Smith’s death… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 44 mins ago
- Week 2 QB Index, Josh Allen has a huge jump after beating Dolphins nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/qb-ind… #NFL #NFLDraftNews
about 48 mins ago
- Did You See This:Freshman Georgia High School football star Le’ontae Coates shot to death nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/leonta…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago