While the Steelers are going to have a hard keep LaMarr Woodley, one player that they want to keep is Troy Polamalu. According to the Post Gazette, Art Rooney II said that his number one goal is to have Troy Polamalu retire a member of the Steelers.
Polamalu, who is a $10.8 cap hit next season, is playing out the final year of his contract. The Steelers could save $8 million by releasing him, but that seems unlikely in the wake of team president Art Rooney II’s comments after the season when he said it’s his goal to have Polamalu retire as a Steeler.
Some of the big-play ability that defined Polamalu early in his career returned in spurts. He had two interceptions, including one for a touchdown, and he forced five fumbles.
Polamalu had some problems in pass coverage, especially against bigger receivers. And, because of other issues on defense, he was utilized more like a linebacker than a safety for much of last season in packages when the Steelers employed six defensive backs.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Yep, the kid is a beast. He has everything you want in a QB. I am a fan twitter.com/draftguyjimmy/…
about 33 mins ago
- Mississippi State QB K.J. Costello becomes the first SEC QB EVER to throw for 600 yards in one game… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 40 mins ago
- Fantasy Football: Week 3 Sunday Sleeper Squad nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/fantas… #NFL #NFLDraftNews
about 58 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for September 26, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews
about 1 hour ago
- Let’s Go Kyle!!! twitter.com/raiders/status…
about 3 hours ago