Nick Foles was asked about his opponent Drew Brees and their high school and Nick Foles said it best.
“It’s a big state,” Foles would say. “There’s a lot of people there.”
Westlake High in Austin is a pretty big school, but it’s still kind of remarkable that a couple of its alumni, Foles and Drew Brees, will be playing against each other when the Eagles host the New Orleans Saints on Saturday night.
It has only happened once before in an NFL playoff game, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. Pittsburgh’s Terry Bradshaw and Buffalo’s Joe Ferguson started at quarterback in a divisional playoff game in 1974. They both graduated from Woodlawn High School in Shreveport, La.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Chargers QB Tyrod Taylor suffered a punctured lung from the team doctor nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/tyrod-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 30 mins ago
- Tevin Singleton, DB, Bowie State University | 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Zoom Interview youtu.be/40nnaEMtokY
about 34 mins ago
- ICYMI:Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Caleb Green, Athlete nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/caleb-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/4Bn0B4ckeh
about 39 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for September 23, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts and Daily Workouts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago
- ICYMI:QB Playground Edition: Who’s Swinging Up, Who’s Sliding Down? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/qb/ #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/WjyWxpoygh
about 1 hour ago