Mike Brown, the Cincinnati Bengals owner/general manager admitted during an interview with the Cincinnati Enquirer this week that he wanted to draft Kaepernick with the 35th overall pick and not Andy Dalton.
“I like [Kaepernick]. He has unusual mobility,” Brown said of his thoughts at the time.
However, the Bengals didn’t take Kaepernick though because offensive coordinator Jay Gruden was able to talk Brown out of it. Gruden felt that Dalton fit his offense better than Kaepernick did.
It was still a great pick, but it is interesting to hear the Bengals owner speaking about his guy.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Both the Pac-12 and the Mountain West are back playing football in the fall! nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/pac-12… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 8 mins ago
- Last Chance:There are 11 teams in the NFL that are 0-2 which team has the best shot to land Trevor Lawrence?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 10 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Austin Watkins Jr., WR, University of Alabama-Birmingham - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/austin…
about 23 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Austin Watkins Jr., WR, University of Alabama-Birmingham - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/austin…
about 24 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Dy’Jonn Turner, DB, University of Alabama-Birmingham - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/dyjonn…
about 25 mins ago